Whether you are an Internet savvy or someone who likes sharing things with people, there will always come a time when you will reach a mental block and cannot think of any blog topic to write about. It is as if you have already run out of things to say. If this happens to you, what are you planning to do? You may always want to just stop and take a breather or you may also ask someone to do the articles for you. Many people think though that asking someone to write will be like a weird thing so what you would have to do instead is to think of ways to become inspired again.
Here are some ways to find new blog topics to talk about:
- Look at the current magazines that you have in the table. Look for inspiration when you see the front of the magazine. What are the headlines that speak out to you? Write down the headlines and try to find a topic that you find interesting depending on what you find.
- Browse the Internet in order to find topics which you feel you are also interested in. It is possible that something will catch your interest and you will research more into the topic. After that, you will be able to write about something that you would like to share to different folks.
- Take a look at your blog and look at the comments that you have gotten from your readers so far. It is probable that you will find a comment that will make you say, “I should do that!” There are also some readers who may do some requests and you will be interested in doing those as well.
- Do you also like commenting on other sites? It is also probable that you have posted forum questions and answered a few queries yourself. Those that you have written there may be enough to make a whole new blog post. You just have to be innovative about it. Beside that, you can always refer to a question you found somewhere and answer it on your blog in detail.
- Write down a list of topics that you would like to write about. When you have a list, you will feel the need to complete the things written there because it will give you a sense of fulfillment.
When you suddenly realize that you have no topic in mind, do not feel that you have already lost your touch for thinking about new ideas. Remember that this is considered to be normal. Your muse will come back and a creative idea is always just around the corner. Just force yourself to look for it and you’ll have more topics than you can write about very soon 🙂
If nothing comes to your mind you can also always do a keyword research with the help of Market Samurai or Longtail Pro. Both programs offer you the ability to enter a word and find 100s of keywords for it. Doing so might help you to think of other blog topics.
Let me know if you have any questions!