When you have a blog and your readers are very active in giving out comments and interacting with you. When you have more comments, it is likely that you are going to get more page views because naturally, people would want to know what makes your blog or your site more interesting than others that can be viewed online.
So how do you make people interested in your blog?
Here are just some tips that you can follow:
1. Remember that you would have to make readers feel the need to comment on your blog post. You can do this by asking questions. You can also say what your experience was like and ask readers if they have experienced something similar. It is likely that some will be compelled to respond to you.
2. If you have already gotten a few responses from some of your readers, do not ignore those comments. It will be a wise idea to respond to them as pleasant as you can so that it will generate more responses.
3. Make a topic that a lot of people will not be able to resist. It can be a controversial topic that you have a lot of knowledge about or something that you strongly believe in. It is likely that people will feel the need to respond to what you have just stated whether they believe in what you have said or not.
4. Share visual aids when you present the topics that you are posting about. It is likely that you will be able to get more views that way because a lot of people right now depend on pictures in order to understand what you are trying to say.
5. Share something about your life. Even though a lot of people will not admit it, they love reading about people’s lives. It would make them feel that they are feeling closer to you even if you do not know them personally. Sharing a piece of you to people that you meet will make them feel that they should respond at least to connect with you more.
6. Another good tip is to implement a plugin such as CommentLuv. With each comment people write they get a link back to their site. You get interesting sources for your site because the topics are shown under the comment and people will more likely comment because they get something in return.
Remember that when you have a blog, it will not generate a lot of page views without much readers and comments. Make your blog interesting and be patient. In time, all the hard work will pay off.
This can definitely take a lot of time. But then, it doesn’t really matter if it is then long-term. Sure, the more articles you add the quicker you get the results you look for. As I wrote in this post, it is hard to become an information product marketer but well worth the struggle 🙂